Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday, June 30

Monday, June 30th

Monday: Ahh, what a day. The first day of the week actually isn't too bad at USAF. I have lots of meetings, which I honestly don't mind at all, and they make the day go much faster. We had a pretty major meeting early in the morning about reorganizing some tasks and responsibilities within our team, and that's where I found out I am going to be a getting to work with social media publishing and optimization this month, which is really exciting. Learning the email marketing is great, but what I've become really passionate about in the past two years is using social platforms to engage with fans and increase following, and I couldn't be more excited to get a chance to do more of that. I also feel really good about my standing in the team, because I am being given more responsibility every week. I think they see my desire to learn and appreciate my work ethic, which feels really good. I'm now doing more work with the communications team, and I have creative control over what content we'll be posting each day. I have to have good reason for why I'm posting certain stories and videos at certain times, so all of the things I've been doing with Google Analytics will come in handy. A lot about this job really excites me, which kind of makes me feel like a dork, but I read this quote once about how you should never apologize for your enthusiasm about things so... I'm not sorry! Last story of this day: the window washers came today and freaked me out. Nothing like someone hanging outside, banging on the glass and watching you while they cheat death hanging 60 feet above cement. I swear, my heart was beating fast for them! But, it did make for some pretty funny photos. Thanks for reading! Enjoy the picture below of this perfect stranger's legs.


#IndyAdventures2014
-SBL

No comments:

Post a Comment