Saturday, June 7, 2014

Days 11 & 12: 

Friday: Dude, last day of the work week was quick. I won't go into detail about work, because it was pretty techy, but it was a very successful, very productive day. After work, Mrs. L and I conquered the Post Office together, and I really appreciated her help. For those of you who don't know, I have a weird phobia associated with the USPS. I guess technically (according to Google), there isn't a name for that fear, but it is a real thing. TRUST ME. Anyway, we sent what we needed to send. Mission accomplished. I spent the night shopping in Castleton with the girls, and it was quite an ordeal. Alley in particular knows how to get it done. It was like watching a chef going into the supermarket and pick all the ingredients he/she needed - quick, precise and thought out. I wish I had those skills. After a few hours in the mall, We finished the night with some delicious Thai food, and I was worn out by the time we got home (which seems to be a recurring theme), so I passed out...

Saturday: and slept until 11am... oh, the joys of the weekend. I was planning to spend the day reading and sunbathing and doing nothing else, but I was presently surprised to get an invitation to go on the Meridian-Kessler Home Tour with Mrs. L's family (her mom, two sisters, and niece). The girls left for Detroit this weekend, so I've got the place to myself for a few days. The quiet is nice, but it was good to get out of the house and explore today! We saw some very historic houses in town, and some that have recently been renovated. I think we saw seven or eight houses in total, and we literally put on little medical booties and walked through every inch of these people's homes. It's a big tradition around here, so it was really cool to participate. Afterwards, we went to Aristocrats Pub for a few appetizers, and then I went home to spend a quiet evening on my own. I started reading a new book about Ernest Hemingway, enjoyed the beautiful weather, and listened to some of my favorite music. As much as I love being surrounded by people, it's always nice to take some time with myself every once and a while. Looking forward to the coming week! Thanks for reading!

 http://www.mkhometour.com/

#IndyAdventures2014
- SBL




No comments:

Post a Comment