Thursday, May 29, 2014

Day 4:
Tonight's blog is a little shorter for two reasons: 1) I'm pooped and 2) I pretty much did one thing today. So I had my "orientation" meeting at work today, which was great, and got a chance to talk to my boss about what I would really like to get involved with this summer! It was so nice to share ideas and I feel like I'm really starting to integrate myself in the office. I even sat in the break room during my lunch break, which was a good call. I have a lot of friendly coworkers who are in different departments, and its a young office, so I think I am going to have a lot of fun this summer! 

During my meeting with my boss, I talked about my interest in learning HTML/CSS (coding). Professors are always raving about what a great skill it is to have, so I figured I'm here, why not learn? Well, we decided to tackle that project right away. I did a 7-hour beginner's course all day at work, and I feel like I could make my own (albeit basic) website right now! I still have a lot to learn, and it was pretty exhausting, but it felt good to get all of it done and really feel like I have already taken a big step to gaining a new skill. Jobs are kind of cool, I guess :) 




Ended the night cooking some delicious burgers for dinner, talking to some old friends, and listening to one of my favorite albums, Ella & Louis for Lovers. If you have an appreciating for some real throwback music, give it a listen. You won't be disappointed. Oh, and if you're looking to learn HTML, I highly recommend www.codecademy.com. Free, simple and fun! 

I'm looking forward to the next few days! I'm planning to go on my first big bike ride here on Saturday, exploring the city, and hopefully joining a gym. Time to get back in a routine!

Thanks for reading!
#Day4IndyAdventures
- SBL

No comments:

Post a Comment