Monday, May 26, 2014

Day 1: 
Today was my first official day as a "resident" of Indianapolis, and was it busy! I spent the morning with Mom and Molly, exploring Butler University after  a nice breakfast at Panera. We wanted to cram in a little more sight-seeing before they had to head back to Michigan, and we had heard that the grounds of Butler were beautiful (the rumors were true). 


We had a great time exploring the beautiful gardens and fountains, and it reminded me of the Arb back in Michigan, though I can't say I miss Ann Arbor all that much just yet... this city is so historic and beautiful, and I can't wait to really immerse myself in all it has to offer.  

After a few hours of hiking and nature selfies (my family can't control the urge to take them), we headed to my new home for the summer. It was awesome to have the time to explore with Molly and Mom before they had to leave and I was sad to see them go, but excited about getting settled and ready for my first day of work. 

After saying our goodbyes, I got settled in my new room. It has more space than my last three bedrooms at Michigan combined, and I am feeling spoiled as ever! I finished the last bits of paperwork I needed for USA, and then headed out to dinner with my host family. We went to Yats, a cajun restaurant that's pretty famous in Indy. The food was amazing (if you ever go, I recommend the Chili Cheese Etouffee and the Maque Choux Etouffee - incredible stuff), as was my company. I am so grateful to have such a fun and outgoing family to spend my summer with, and I couldn't be more excited to start my new job tomorrow! If you read all of this, you're pretty cool. I'm looking forward to sharing all my experiences with you! 

#Day1IndyAdventures
http://www.yatscajuncreole.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment